Food Sensitivity Testing
Food Sensitivity Testing at Belcara Health is a great first step towards improving your energy, vitality, and nutritional choices.
Many people today suffer from health conditions that are caused by the foods they eat. At Belcara Health, we help patient identify the foods that create health ailments and implement the dietary changes they need to improve their overall well-being.
Food sensitivities occur with the body doesn’t properly digest a food (or food components) and it can be difficult to diagnose because reactions are often delayed. The body response may not be experienced for days after the trigger food was consumed, which makes it difficult for people to associate the trigger food with the symptom.
Common complaints caused by food sensitivities include:
- digestive problems: diarrhea, nausea, constipation
- stomach pain and bloating
- fatigue or achiness
- skin disorders
- brain function: anxiety, fogginess, poor focus, slow problem solving, memory problems
- Inflammation, arthritis, infections
- autoimmune diseases
- weight management issues
When patients seek out help for these symptoms, they are often misdiagnosed and prescribed medications that only mask their symptoms. Common misdiagnoses (that might be caused by food sensitivities) include:
- Attention deficit disorders
- Chronic fatigue
- Irritable bowel syndrome
Proper diagnose of food sensitivities is a critical step in addressing the root causes of health concerns. Once trigger foods are eliminated from the diet, the gastrointestinal system is less reactive and more balanced. And, by eating the proper foods, weight loss programs are more effective and achieve results that are long lasting.
Foods that commonly trigger sensitivities are eggs, gluten, soy, corn, dairy, sugars and nuts. Food additives, such as sulfites, artificial coloring and preservatives can also contribute to the problem.
Food Sensitivity Testing at Belcara Health includes the following key components:
- A detailed assessment to understand your concerns, medical history and lifestyle.
- A specialized blood work exam to identify food sensitivities
- A detailed discussion about your results, including a
- A comprehensive report on the foods and ingredients to be avoided as well as all the foods you can safely enjoy, along with meal plan recommendations, shopping tips and recipes.
We also offer Nutrition Counseling services, which provides a comprehensive nutrition planning that is customized to meet your needs, goals and lifestyle for a lifetime of health eating. To learn more about Nutrition Counseling at Belcara Health, CLICK HERE.
If you don’t feel your best, we may be able to help. Our Food Sensitivity Testing Specialists have the extensive training and experience to help you achieve and maintain a better, more balanced state of health.
- Schedule your consultation by calling 410.296.0414 or contact us online
- Learn about additional services at Belcara Health: Plastic Surgery, Dermatology, Ophthalmology, Podiatry, Skin & Laser
- Learn more about Belcara Health’s world-class Medical Team
- We offer Specials, Events and Features every month, check them out here
“I had chronic digestive problems for years. I was constantly bloated and gassy and uncomfortable. I was recommended to see Samantha and she tested me for food sensitivities and had me remove a list of foods and recommended new food choices. Just by removing those foods I no longer had bloating or stomach pain. I am really amazed at how food sensitivities and even bad food choices have such a big impact on health. Samantha is so sweet and completely changed my life. I would recommend seeing Samantha before any doctor for digestive problems!”