Have you heard about the newest accessory for men? It’s a confident face!
If you’re a successful man, you’ve probably worked many nights and weekends since you landed that first big client or won that huge contract years ago. While you were devoting yourself to winning an edge on your competition, you may have inadvertently gained something less satisfying: visible signs of aging, such as wrinkles or sagging skin. You may feel just as energetic as when your career began, but your face may not reflect that same vigor.
You’re not alone. Men are undergoing cosmetic procedures in record numbers—mainly to stay competitive in the workplace, maintain youthful confidence, and convey strength. That’s power! In fact, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), almost every facial rejuvenation procedure for men increased in 2012. Although men have traditionally shied away from surgical procedures, even eyelid lifts and facelifts were on the rise, with the latter climbing up 6%. Nonsurgical cosmetic treatments for men grew even more in popularity, with BOTOX® injections up 7% and microdermabrasion up a whopping 10%! Chemical peels and dermal filler treatments rose for men, too.
Many of these procedures can help create a vibrant face. Here are several components of a powerful male face:
- A full head of hair. Many men are troubled by hair loss and feel it adversely affects their entire appearance. NeoGraft is an innovative hair restoration treatment that results in a youthful, natural-looking hairline—no unsightly scars or “rows” of implanted hair follicles.
- Strong jawline. The desire for a strong jawline is a big trend for 2013. A facelift combined with neck liposuction can recreate a youthful, masculine jaw, targeting the loose skin and fatty jowls that often appear after years in the sun or following dramatic weight loss. Strategically placed incisions minimize the scars when you undergo a facelift so, if you have a good surgeon, it will never be obvious that you’ve had work done. A facelift can take care of those lines, creases, and deep folds while also removing the jowls that give away your age no matter how well you eat and exercise.
- Energetic eyes. If you look in the mirror and see tired eyes staring back at you, your clients and competition will, too. A blepharoplasty, or eyelid lift, can give you a more alert, youthful appearance by removing excess skin and fat deposits. It may improve your peripheral vision, too.
- Smooth brow. If you’re not worried about closing a deal, don’t look like you are! BOTOX® relaxes wrinkles and is often used for horizontal forehead lines (worry lines), glabellar lines (frown lines between the eyebrows), and crow’s feet (fine lines around the eyes). Dermal fillers such as JUVÉDERM® can add volume and fill deep lines or folds in other areas of the face, such as the nasolabial folds (the creases from your nose to the corners of your mouth).
- Strong profile. Rhinoplasty, or nose reshaping, can create balance in your face and give you a greatly enhanced overall appearance. The addition of a chin implant can strengthen your profile; the combination of nose reshaping and a chin implant is a popular choice for many men.
- Healthy skin. If you’ve played as hard as you’ve worked, your skin may need some help. Microdermabrasion, the treatment that increased the most for men in 2012, is a good solution because it treats uneven skin tone, sun damage, acne scarring, and age spots. Though it requires repeat treatments for maximum results, microdermabrasion has little downtime—you can go right back to the office after the treatment.
We offer many services catering specifically to the male face (and body). If you need the confidence boost that a power face can provide, consult with the team of plastic surgeons at Belcara Health. They can help craft a treatment approach that fits with your lifestyle.