One of Hollywood’s best kept secrets
What is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a safe and effective advanced exfoliation technique that uses a specialized blade to remove the old, dull, dead skin and vellus hair from the surface of your skin. It is painless, only takes a few minutes, requires no recovery, and will leave you with a softer, smoother, more even and glowing complexion.
While it can be compared to shaving, please don’t grab your razor and lather up! Dermaplaning requires a high level of skill and training and must only be performed by an experienced medical professional. At Belcara Health, our Advanced Skincare Specialist Tammy Pierce performed dermaplaning regularly with incredible results. During the treatment, Tammy will gently scrape the surface of your skin using light, feathering strokes with a specialized blade. Then she will offer an array of hydrating serums, AHAs, or other boosters that will immediately penetrate deeper into your skin, since all your old, dead skin has been removed. Finally, Tammy will apply moisturizer and sunscreen to your refreshed, smooth, clear skin so you immediately resume your daily activities. Some may experience a bit of pinkness, but it is usually gone in a few hours.
What are the benefits?
Dermaplaning is highly effective for:
- Exfoliating to remove dull, dead surface skin
- Improving your skin’s absorption of topical skincare product
- Stimulating faster cell turnover and collagen growth,
- Reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Providing smoother tone and texture
- Giving your skin a healthy, radiant glow.
Is it right for me?
Dermaplaning is an excellent treatment for all skin types, including those with sensitivities. We recommend patients have a dermaplaning treatment once a month. We also recommend them to patients before other services, such as laser treatments, chemical peel or microneedling, to allow for deeper penetration into the skin.
It’s a wonderful solution for people with uneven tone and texture, large pores, fine lines and unwanted facial hair. Hyperkeratosis is a buildup of the top layers of the skin, causing acne and a dull, tired, uneven-looking complexion. Dermaplaning reduces the thickness of this dull, damaged top layer of skin and helps to correct these conditions. In addition, dermaplaning removes the light, fine facial hair (vellus hair), which can be a concern and hinder makeup application.
We love dermaplaning because it is a quick way to boost your complexion, with downtime or downsides – only immediate, beautiful radiant results.
Read more or get started today!
- Ready to get started? Schedule your consultation by calling 410.698.1518 or contact us online.
- Read about additional Skin & Laser services at Belcara Health
- Learn about additional services at Belcara Health: Plastic Surgery, Dermatology, Ophthalmology, Wellness
- Learn more about Belcara Health’s world-class Medical Team.
- We offer Specials, Events, and Features every month, check them out HERE