Facial discoloration is suffered by people of all ages. Blotchy, spotted, uneven skin tones can leave patients embarrassed and self-conscious about their appearance. Common conditions that result in unwanted red and brown discolorations include: hyperpigmentation, melisma, rosacea, capillary veins and acne. The medical team at Belcara Health has extensive experience with treating these conditions and will help you restore an even, clear, beautiful complexion.
Fortunately, there are many outstanding options available today.
Laser & Light Treatments*
Laser and light treatments offered at Belcara Health are very effective for correcting red and brown discoloration. Treatment options include:
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) is primarily used for treatment of sun damage & age spots, reducing red or brown discoloration. IPL uses a broad spectrum of light energy to heat the pigmentation, resulting in a more blended, even skin tone.
- Laser Peel is a safe “thermal peel” done by one of our Board Certified Physicians that corrects the signs of aging associated with long-term ultraviolet light exposure. The treatment improves pigment irregularities, textural problems and decreases pore size. With just one treatment, patients see a clearly identifiable improvement in the condition of their skin with minimal downtime.
- Vascular Therapy is safe and effective in the reduction of tiny superficial red and purple veins. It delivers pulses of light energy that cause the blood within the vein to coagulate, eventually destroying the vessel which is then absorbed by your body.
Medical Grade Chemical Peels*
These offer a wonderful way to restore your skin’s tone and clarity. During a chemical peel, a solution of varying strengths is applied to peel away the skin’s top layers. Peels are effective in improving the appearance of hyperpigmentation and dullness by exfoliating dead surface cells and restoring the skin’s surface to a smoother and softer state.
- VI Peel – Reverses the effects of sun damage and alleviates hyper pigmentation from melasma, acne and rosacea.
- VI Precision Peel – A power booster that contains a higher concentration of the same synergistic blend of ingredients found in the VI Peel. Excellent addition for addressing stubborn hyper pigmentation including melasma, actinic keratosis and age spots on the face, hands, arms or chest.
- Vitalize Peel – mild to moderate skin imperfections, this treatment combines retinoic, lactic, salicylic and resorcinol acids to improve the appearance of sun damage, fine lines, hyper pigmentation and acne scarring.
- Rejuvenize Peel – for moderate to severe skin conditions including sun damage, lines, wrinkles, hyper pigmentation, melisma and acne. This peel contains the same acids as the Vitalize peel, but double the strength.
Prescription and medical grade topical products that include hydroquinone, specific acids, or antioxidants are often recommended to restore clarity and tone to your complexion. Belcara Health partners with the highest quality result-oriented products, including: Lytera, Clear, Blender, Sunfader, Blanche, CRX System, Nu Derm System