Rhinoplasty for Men*
Nose reshaping (Rhinoplasty) is a popular procedure for men. Bringing the nose into balance with the rest of the face can dramatically improve one’s appearance. In some cases, rhinoplasy combined with a chin implant to further balance the face while improving the jawline.
Your cosmetic surgeon will make an incision, usually placed within the nostril to the framework of the nose. Cartilage is then sculpted away to reduce the size or shape. If the opposite result is desired, tissue may be added to increase the size of the nose. The septum may be trimmed to correct droopiness or may be realigned to correct breathing problems.
A rhinoplasty can take from one to two hours depending on the complexity of the procedure. This surgery is done on an outpatient basis with general or local anesthesia. Because safety is our first concern, we always work with board-certified anesthesiologists to ensure that your surgery is as safe as possible. Following your surgery, you will be able to rest in the comfort of your own home.
Noses will be smaller, better proportioned and generally more attractive. Breathing capability will be restored. Damaged or crooked noses will be fixed and straightened. Many patients experience an overall increase of self image and happiness with overall appearance regardless of the original indication for surgery.
Recovery & Aftercare*:
- Patients may experience some degree of bruising and swelling that progressively improves over two to four weeks
- A splint will be placed on the outside of the nose and possibly on the inside as well. Both types of splints are used to protect the temporarily delicate, nasal structures.
- Bed rest the day of surgery is recommended.
- Limit activity for the next two days following surgery.
- Avoid strenuous activities for about four to six weeks.
- Return to work in about one to two weeks.
Read more or get started
- Ready to get started? Schedule your consultation by calling 410.296.0414 or contact us online
- Wondering about financing options? Learn about our Financing Programs
- Find out more about our AAAHC accredited on-site Surgical Center
- Learn about additional services at Belcara Health: Plastic Surgery, Dermatology, Ophthalmology, Wellness, Skin & Laser
- Learn more about Belcara Health’s world-class Medical Team
- We offer Specials, Events and Features every month, check them out here
“Dr. Byrne was outstanding. The staff was attentive and my surgery went well. I could not be happier with my results and I wish I would have done it earlier in my life. I highly recommend Dr. Byrne and Belcara Health.”