Body Contouring – Body Lift for Men*
Read Verified Reviews
Diet and exercise will not always get rid of unwanted loose skin or fat deposits. Body Contouring surgery removes excess fat and sagging skin to give the body a more natural, toned appearance.
Body Contouring procedures are a great solution for people who experience loose folds of skin around the abdominal area, flanks, back, thighs and buttocks from:
- Massive weight loss through dieting and exercise or bariatric surgery
- Loss of skin elasticity, due to age or heredity
Body Contouring procedures remove excess skin and underlying fat, then reconstructs or “lifts” the skin to achieve a tighter, more toned look. The transformation is dramatic for most patients, resulting in improved body contour, better fitting clothes and improved overall appearance and self-image.
About the Procedure:
A complete lower body lift treats the buttocks, abdomen, waist, hips and thighs in one procedure. A circumferential incision around the body removes an apron of excess skin and fat and re-positions and tightens tissues. The length and pattern of your surgical incision will depend on the amount and location of excess skin that must be removed to provide your desired result.
Liposuction may be done in conjunction with a body lift. Learn more about Liposuction.
Recovery & Aftercare*:
- Patients may experience some degree of bruising, swelling and tenderness
- Bed rest for several days following surgery is recommended
- Limit activity for several weeks following surgery
- Avoid strenuous activities for about four to six weeks
- Return to work in about three to four weeks
- You will be placed into a form fitting compression garment to help keep the swelling to a minimum and expedite the healing process
Insurance Guidelines and Payment
Body lifts are deemed a cosmetic procedure and are therefore not covered by insurance. At Belcara Health, we have a dedicated Financing Specialist available to assist securing financing for your body contouring procedure and help you make plans for affordable monthly payments. Learn more about your financing opportunities.
Read more or get started
- Ready to get started? Schedule your consultation by calling 410.296.0414 or contact us online
- Find out more about our AAAHC accredited on-site Surgical Center
- Learn about additional services at Belcara Health: Plastic Surgery, Dermatology, Ophthalmology, Wellness, Skin & Laser
- Learn more about Belcara Health’s world-class Medical Team
- We offer Specials, Events and Features every month, check them out here
Surgery isn’t just for the ladies! I lost 100 pounds; got back into shape and wanted give my wife the pleasure of being married to a 50 year old man with a 25 year old butt! What a Christmas it was for her (and me too). Dr. Cohen is a fantastic, skilled surgeon. Indeed he is a true artist. I had a full body lift and now have a flat stomach for the first time in my life. I’m actually working on the six pack after getting rid of the keg.
Our practitioners who specialize in Body Contouring for Men.
Dr. Michael D. Cohen, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and Medical Director of Belcara Health, is recognized as one of the leading plastic surgeons in the nation. Dr. Cohen has been named LEAD Surgeon by Mentor for Breast Augmentation – and Top Doc by Baltimore Magazine for Breast and Body Surgery – for many consecutive years. With over 25 years of experience, Dr. Cohen has performed thousands of procedures for the face, body and breasts – creating natural, beautiful results that help his patients look and feel their best. Read full bio.
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Gary A. Vela, is one of the premier plastic surgeons in the area. Dr. Vela is renowned for his exceptional skill, natural results and compassionate approach to patient care. Understanding that patients’ thoughts, feelings, and emotions play a pivotal role in their outcome, Dr. Vela has helped thousands of patients achieve the transformative results they desire. Read full bio.