Read Verified Reviews
A breast lift is about more than perky breasts. It is also a matter of comfort and confidence. Whether you are unhappy with your post-pregnancy breasts, weight loss has left your breast looking a bit droopier, or you have had saggy breasts all your life, a breast lift can help you feel great about your body and restore youthful, firmer breasts.
WHY HAVE A BREAST LIFT?
Breast lift surgery comes with a large number of benefits. In addition to looking improved in and out of clothes, you’ll also experience the following improvements:
- You won’t be relying so much on your bras pulling up your breasts, so they’ll be more comfortable.
- You won’t slide out of your swimsuit.
- You’ll have better cleavage, so you will feel more confident in flattering low-cut tops.
- Your clothing options will increase: your more symmetrical breasts will fit great into halter tops, bikinis, and bras.
- The increased self-confidence you’ll feel can have a great effect on your relationships.
HOW DO YOU KNOW IT IS TIME FOR A BREAST LIFT?
While all breast sagging will affect everyone at some point, it can be a bigger problem for some more so than others—particularly if you’ve noticed a significant change in how you feel about your body because of your drooping breasts. If you answer “yes” to any of the following questions, then you are likely a good candidate for breast lift surgery:
- Do your breasts appear deflated?
- Is your skin stretched where your breasts push out from your chest?
- Do your nipples point down rather than forward?
- Do your nipples sit below your natural breast crease?
- Is finding a comfy, flattering bra difficult?
If saggy breasts are impacting the way you dress or the way you feel about yourself, it’s time to consider breast lift surgery.
A Real Patient Talks About Her Breast Lift Experience
OUR SCAR-MINIMIZING APPROACH TO BREAST LIFTS*
Our Baltimore breast surgeons use a technique that uses only two incisions instead of the usual three. This not only reduces visible scarring but also results in a more attractive slope to the breast. It also takes less operating time and results in a faster recovery.
Your surgeon will place incisions around the nipple and vertically down from the areola to remove extra skin from beneath the breast. The skin that was previously located above the nipple is brought together to fully reshape the breast. The breasts are now firmer, in a more youthful position, and have a more pleasing contour.
A breast lift usually takes two to three hours and is performed on an outpatient basis with general anesthesia. Because your safety is our largest priority, we always work with board-certified MD anesthesiologists. After a short period in our recovery suite, you can go home to recover.
WHAT SHOULD YOU EXPECT DURING RECOVERY?*
While every patient heals differently, most find recovery to be a smooth and relatively fast process. It’s common to have slight bruising, swelling, and tenderness, but this is usually very tolerable for the patient. Most of our patients only use prescription pain medications for the first few days before switching to Tylenol.
It’s important to follow your surgeon’s aftercare instructions during your recovery so you can expect to gradually return to your daily activities:
- Stay down for the first two days after surgery. You are encouraged to walk around the house, but try to spend this time relaxing and letting your body heal. We recommend reading, watching movies, or listening to music.
- Most patients with non-strenuous jobs return to work within a week.
- Restrict strenuous activities for at least one to two weeks, including lifting or work involving the chest.
- You can ease back into aerobic exercise in around three to four weeks with the approval of your surgeon.
COMBINING BREAST LIFT WITH AUGMENTATION OR REDUCTION*
While a breast lift alone is a fantastic option for improving breast shape, position, and symmetry, many women would also like to change the volume of their breasts. For these women, we often recommend a breast lift with breast augmentation or breast reduction to provide a well-proportioned, aesthetically pleasing breast contour and shape.
If you want smaller, lifted breasts – a breast reduction with lift may be a better option for you. During this procedure, our Baltimore surgeons remove extra skin and glandular (breast) tissue to lift and reshape your breasts in addition to making them smaller and lighter.
If you want larger, lifted breasts – An increasingly popular option for our breast lift patients is to combine a breast lift with augmentation, which both removes the extra skin that contributes sagging and also places the breast implants of your choice underneath the newly reshaped breast to create a more shapely, full, and youthful contour. Learn more about breast lift with augmentation.
Have more Questions?
- Schedule your consultation by calling 410.296.0414 or contact us online
- Wondering about financing options? Learn about our Financing Programs
- Find out more about our AAAHC accredited on-site Surgical Center
- Want to know what’s involved in the surgery? Read our surgery & recovery details
- Learn about additional services at Belcara Health: Plastic Surgery, Dermatology, Ophthalmology, Wellness, Skin & Laser
- Learn more about Belcara Health’s world-class Medical Team
- We offer Specials, Events, and Features every month, check them out here
Breast lift surgery is generally considered cosmetic in nature. However, if the original reason for surgery was to achieve symmetry following mastectomy during breast reconstruction, it may be possible to obtain insurance coverage. Our office will work with your insurance provider to determine the scope of your benefits.
Dr. Cohen and his staff made me feel extremely comfortable. I was nervous before my appointment and they made sure I was relaxed and made me feel really good about myself. They were immensely informative and compassionate. Dr. Cohen made me look exactly the way I want to look. He is such an expert! I would not recommend anyone else! When you are his patient, you know you are utilizing the absolute best in the plastic surgery field. I would give him a 10/10 or a 5 star rating and I do not usually take the time to rate physicians.