Fat Transfer Breast Enhancement
A Fat Transfer Breast Enhancement is a procedure that improves the size and shape of the breasts using the body’s natural fat instead of implants.
Using liposuction, excessive fat is obtained from somewhere on the body, usually the abdomen, thighs, back or flanks. The fat is purified and then artfully injected into the breasts to enhance their shape. Once in place, the fat cells will live a normal life cycle, just as natural fat in the breast would.
This procedure is ideal for:
- Reconstructive or cosmetic patients with visible edges around their implants
- Patients who have had a lumpectomy and need minimal reconstruction
- Patients with tuberous breasts
- Patients with asymmetrical breasts
- Patients seeking subtle to moderate enhancements without the use of implants
- Mom’s having trouble regaining their pre-pregnancy bodies.
If you are seeking a significant size enhancement or reshaping, traditional breast implants may be a better option. Fat transfer procedures are sometimes combined with breast augmentation with implants and breast lift procedures to further improve results – especially with more complex conditions involving breast shape.
We believe in educating our patients about their treatment options. During your consultation, your surgeon will listen carefully to your goals, examine your body and recommend a treatment plan based on your anatomy and desired results. We will answer all of your questions and help you make informed decisions about your surgical plan.
As compared to a breast enhancement with implants, the benefits to a fat transfer procedure include:
- minimally invasive
- minimal incisions and scarring
- less stressful on the body
- shorter recovery time
- no risk of implant complications, such as rupture or capsular contracture
- a natural solution
When properly performed, results from a fat transfer breast enhancement are beautiful and long-lasting. It is important to note that this procedure is highly “technique dependent” and should only be performed by a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience with breast surgery.
What to expect
Fat Transfer surgery is performed under general anesthesia and usually takes about 4-6 hours. Some patients may experience temporary discomfort, swelling, or numbness. Discomfort is typically minimal and easily managed. Most patients are able to resume regular daily activities within 48 hours and light exercise in 5-7 days. Strenuous activity is usually resumed after about 2-3 weeks. For proper healing and optimal results, it is important to follow post-surgical instructions and to wear supportive garments for at least 6 weeks following your surgery.
Some of the transferred fat will be absorbed by your body – typically, about 20-40%. Because it is impossible to predict exactly how much fat will be absorbed, some patients elect to have more than one procedure.
Why Belcara Health
At Belcara Health, we are proud to offer today’s most advanced technology and surgical techniques available.
- Our board certified plastic surgeons are recognized leaders and innovators in their specialties and renowned for providing natural-looking, proportionate, beautiful breasts.
- Our Surgery Center is meets the highest measures of surgical and operational standards.
- Our surgeons and staff will guide you every step of the way and remain in close contact throughout your entire experience.
- Our goal is for you absolutely love your results and feel as if you received the best care possible.
Read more or get started
- Schedule your private consultation by calling 410.296.0414 or contact us online
- Wondering about financing options? Learn about our Financing Programs
- Find out more about our AAAHC accredited on-site Surgical Center
- Learn more about Breast Augmentation with Implants.
- Learn about additional services at Belcara Health: Plastic Surgery, Dermatology, Ophthalmology, Podiatry, Wellness, Skin & Laser
- Learn more about Belcara Health’s world-class Medical Team
- We offer Specials, Events and Features every month, check them out here
After breastfeeding, my chest was completely deflated. I hated how I looked but didn’t want implants. I was so excited when heard about Fat Grafting from a friend. I’m so happy I decided to have surgery! Dr. Vela did a great job and I look and feel like myself again.