Why consider a Tummy Tuck?
Tummy tucks are a wonderful option for those who, after significant weight loss, pregnancy or natural aging, experience:
- Loose or sagging skin in the mid to lower abdomen
- A protruding stomach
- Weakened or separated muscles of the abdominal wall
– conditions that, unfortunately, cannot be corrected by diet and exercise alone.
Tummy Tuck Results
Tummy tucks offer patients many benefits, including:
- A flatter, slimmer more pleasing waistline
- Tightens and strengthens abdominal muscles
- Removes most stretch marks
- Changes the proportions of your body to enhance overall contour
In addition, we have learned from patients that a significant result of a tummy tuck is how the procedure transforms the way they feel about themselves. A tummy tuck provides is so much more than a slim, firm waistline – it helps patients regain their self-confidence and spirit. After their tummy tuck, patients say:
- They feel better and more comfortable in their skin
- They enjoy personal relationships more
- They once again enjoy wearing flattering clothes and bathing suites
- They take better care of themselves by exercising and eating well
- They lead more adventurous, full lives
- They become, essentially, better versions of themselves
Tummy Tuck Pricing
What does a Tummy Tuck Cost?
We understand that having a general range of procedure prices can be helpful, so we are happy to provide estimated price ranges for the plastic surgery procedures we perform. However, it is important to note that price ranges are general estimates only.
The best way to learn about procedure pricing is consult directly with one of our board certified plastic surgeons. During your consultation, your surgeon will listen carefully to your concerns and goals and assess your medical history, lifestyle and anatomy. Together, you and your surgeon will review all your treatment options and develop a personalized plan that meets all your needs. Only then are we able to provide an accurate price quote.
Your quote will include:
- All visits before and after the procedure
- Operating Room time and supplies
- Surgeon’s fee
- Anesthesia fees
- All medical support materials
Tummy Tuck procedures at Belcara Health range from $6,500 – $14,000.
About the Tummy Tuck Procedure
A tummy tuck involves a horizontal incision between the pubic hairline and bellybutton. Your surgeon will place the incision as low as possible, where it can be easily hidden by your underwear or bathing suit bottom. The shape and length of your incision will depend on the degree of correction necessary. There are many types of tummy tucks; depending on your surgeon’s recommendation, weakened abdominal muscles may be repaired through the incision and excess fat, tissue and skin is removed and tightened. Another incision around the navel may be required to remove excess skin from your upper abdomen.
Tummy tuck surgery generally takes two to five hours, depending on whether it is a mini or full tummy tuck. Your surgery will be performed on an outpatient basis with general anesthesia. Because safety is always our primary concern, we work with board-certified anesthesiologists to make sure that your surgery is as safe as possible. Following your procedure, you can return home for your recovery period.
Recovery and Aftercare
- Patients will likely experience some bruising, swelling, tenderness and/or numbness around the incision.
- Drains may remain in place for one to two weeks.
- Sutures will be removed in about one to two weeks.
- We recommend bed rest the day of surgery.
- You should limit activity for the next 2 to 6 days after surgery.
- Avoid strenuous activity for about four to six weeks.
- Resume work in one to three weeks.
- Wear an abdominal binder for a few weeks for support.
Liposuction may be used in addition to abdominoplasty surgery to remove excess fat around the sides and back to enhance your results. Please discuss this option with your surgeon.
Read more or get started
- Ready to get started? Schedule your consultation by calling 410.472.5273 or contact us online
- Wondering about financing options? Learn about our Financing Programs
- Find out more about our AAAHC accredited on-site Surgical Center
- Learn about additional services at Belcara Health: Plastic Surgery, Dermatology, Ophthalmology, Wellness, Skin & Laser
- Learn more about Belcara Health’s world-class Medical Team