Having children changes women’s lives in many ways, including some they may not have foreseen. Almost all of those changes are welcome, but pregnancy and breastfeeding can affect a mom’s body in ways that cannot be fixed through diet or exercise alone. Many experience sagging breasts, a flabby tummy and stubborn pockets of fat, which can be frustrating and disappointing to any woman who cares about her appearance.
Reclaim your Body
With select cosmetic procedures, you can reclaim your pre-pregnancy body to look and feel great again. These procedures commonly include Breast Augmentation and/or Breast Lift, Abdominoplasty, Liposuction, and Thigh/Buttock Lift. Since every woman’s needs are unique, each patient receives a combination of procedures customized to address her individual body. Our surgeons will advise you on which procedures will provide the best results for you.
A Mommy Makeover is usually completed in one surgery. We use modern surgical techniques so that you get great results with as little pain and recovery time as possible. Because safety is always our first concern, we always work with board-certified anesthesiologists to ensure that your surgery is as safe as possible. Following your surgery, you will be able to rest in the comfort of your own home.
We understand that mothers are vital to the strength of the family. A positive self-image through surgical intervention and a healthier lifestyle can give a great boost to your confidence and energy so you can take care of your family and yourself.
- Breasts will be positioned higher, have renewed firmness, volume, and skin elasticity will be restored creating a more youthful appearance.
- Breast symmetry will be achieved.
- A flatter, trimmer abdomen with tighter muscles will be achieved.
- Localized fat deposits that do not respond to regular diet and exercise will be removed.
- The contour of the body is improved through the removal of unwanted bulges.
- Clothing, including jeans and swim suits, will fit better.
- Most patients experience an overall increase of self image and happiness with overall appearance.
Recovery & Aftercare
- Patients may experience some degree of bruising, swelling, tenderness and/or numbness.
- Drains may remain in place for about three to seven days.
- Sutures or staples will be removed in about one to two weeks.
- Bed rest the day of surgery is recommended.
- Limit activity for the next two days following surgery.
- Avoid strenuous activities for about four to six weeks.
- Return to work in one to three weeks.
- Our doctors may recommend a variety of support garments be worn for a few weeks.
Read more or get started
- Ready to get started? Schedule your consultation by calling 410.296.0414 or contact us online
- Wondering about financing options? Learn about our Financing Programs
- Find out more about our AAAHC accredited on-site Surgical Center
- Learn about additional services at Belcara Health: Plastic Surgery, Dermatology, Opthalmology, Podiatry, Wellness,Skin & Laser
- Learn more about Belcara Health’s world-class Medical Team
Mommy Makeover procedures are usually deemed cosmetic in nature and are therefore not covered by insurance.
“Although I was well into my thirties, I had no desire to “retire” my bikini, and sport the one pieces I had so often seen my mother wear to conceal her “badges of motherhood.” In my head, I’m still in my twenties! I was fortunate enough to lose all but 10-15 pounds within the first year after my second child was born, but I couldn’t lose those last stubborn pounds, my stomach didn’t come close to flattening out one bit, I lost most of the elasticity in my breast tissue, and had rather pronounced asymmetry.
I decided that cosmetic surgery was the only way I was going to get the results I wanted. This kind of surgery is rather involved and Dr. Cohen’s bedside manner immediately put me at ease. I really wanted to be natural looking and I am so thrilled with my results. Not only would I do it again in a heartbeat, I would highly recommend Dr. Cohen and Belcara Health to any and all of my friends considering cosmetic surgery. The staff was courteous, friendly, and supportive, and my overall experience was phenomenal. So, I offer a heartfelt “thank you” for allowing me to look like I feel!”
Our practitioners who specialize in Mommy Makeovers.
Dr. Michael D. Cohen is an acclaimed board certified plastic surgeon and has earned a reputation for excellence in mommy makeover procedures. Read full bio.
Dr. Gary A. Vela, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, is renowned for his expertise, natural results and outstanding patient care with liposuction procedures. Read full bio.