Even when you exercise and eat healthy, you may still have difficulties getting rid of stubborn areas of fat. Liposuction removes these troublesome fat deposits and re-contours your body into the physique you’ve always wanted.
Am I a candidate for liposuction?
Liposuction is a fitting solution for people who have:
- Localized fat bulges that don’t respond to regular diet and exercise
- Disproportionate areas of the body
- Remove unwanted, localized fatty deposits & bulges
- Improve your the contour of your body
- Adjust your body proportion to enhance overall shape
- Improve your appearance and self-confidence
About the Procedure:
Liposuction is performed through a small incision placed inconspicuously. Saline solution combined with adrenaline and anesthetic is injected into the area to reduce bleeding and ensure patient comfort and safety. A thin, hollow tube called a cannula is then moved back and forth to loosen the extra fat cells. The dislodged fat is then sucked out of the body through surgical vacuum or syringe attached to the cannula.
Our surgeons also use an ultrasonic-assisted liposuction techniques that applies ultrasonic energy to help loosen fat prior to suctioning.
These techniques are used to reduce fat in all areas of the body, including the thighs, hips, buttocks, abdomen, waist, upper arms, neck, back, inner knee and chest area. Your procedure will take approximately one to five hours, depending upon the complexity of the procedure and the size of areas being addressed. This surgery is performed on an outpatient basis with either IV sedation or general anesthesia. Safety is our primary concern, so we always partner with board-certified anesthesiologists to ensure that your experience is as safe as possible. Following your surgery, you will be able to return home to recover.
- Patients who have loose skin on their lower abdomen may benefit from having a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) in addition to liposuction for optimal results.
- Fat transfers/injections are also an option for those who choose to have their fat harvested and re-injected to improve deep facial lines or acne scars.
- Please discuss these other options with your Baltimore cosmetic surgeon.
Read more or get started
- Ready to get started? Schedule your consultation by calling 410.296.0414 or contact us online
- Wondering about financing options? Learn about our Financing Programs
- Find out more about our AAAHC accredited on-site Surgical Center
- Learn about additional services at Belcara Health: Plastic Surgery, Dermatology, Ophthalmology, Podiatry, Wellness, Skin & Laser
- Learn more about Belcara Health’s world-class Medical Team
- We offer Specials, Events and Features every month, check them out here
Liposuction is a cosmetic procedure and is therefore not covered by insurance.
**NOTE: The specific risks and the suitability of this procedure for any given individual can only be determined through a consultation with the plastic surgeon.
BEFORE & AFTERS
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
“Dr. Cohen and the entire office staff made me feel like I was important and really took the time to listen as well as accommodate every question and request I made. You can tell it is very important to the staff to make the patient feel comfortable and at ease. I feel like they bent over backwards to meet all my needs. My whole life I have been self-conscious of my body image, but now I’m so much better. Cloths fit and I’m so happy. Belcara Health is wonderful and I’m so grateful to them.”
Our practitioners who specialize in liposuction.
Dr. Michael D. Cohen is an acclaimed board certified plastic surgeon and has earned a reputation for excellence in Liposuction surgery. Read full bio.
Dr. Gary A. Vela, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, is renowned for his expertise, natural results and outstanding patient care with liposuction surgery. Read full bio.