Body Lift & Contouring
Read Verified Reviews
Even when you have done everything right by dieting and exercising, you can still be plagued by loose skin or fatty deposits that will not go away, despite your best efforts.
Why have a Body Contouring?
Body contouring is a great solution for people who experience loose folds of skin around the abdominal area, flanks, back, thighs and buttocks from:
- Massive weight loss through dieting and exercise
- Loss of skin elasticity, due to age, pregnancy or heredity
Body contouring remove excess skin and underlying fat, then reconstructs or “lifts” the skin to achieve a tighter, more toned look. The transformation is dramatic for most patients, resulting in improved body contour, better fitting clothes and improved overall appearance and self-image.
About the Procedure:
A complete lower body contouring procedure treats the buttocks, abdomen, waist, hips and thighs in one procedure. A circumferential incision around the body removes an apron of excess skin and fat and repositions and tightens tissues. The length and pattern of your surgical incision will depend on the amount and location of excess skin that must be removed to provide your desired result.
Recovery & Aftercare
- Patients may experience some degree of bruising, swelling and tenderness
- Bed rest for several days following surgery is recommended
- Limit activity for several weeks following surgery
- Avoid strenuous activities for about four to six weeks
- Return to work in about three to four weeks
- You will be placed into a form fitting compression garment to help keep the swelling to a minimum and expedite the healing process
- Liposuction may be done in conjunction with a body contouring procedure
- Patients with sagging breasts may benefit from a breast reduction or lift
- Please discuss these additional options with our Baltimore plastic surgeons
Body lifts are deemed a cosmetic procedure and are therefore not covered by insurance.
“I always wanted the surgery but was filled with anxiety about how it would feel to go through with it. Everyone was kind and easy to talk to. It felt good to be pampered before and after surgery by all the staff (receptionist to surgeon!). I did everything I wanted to my body in one shot, but if I ever decide to do anything else there is no question where I will go! I got a full body lift and I once again look great. The surgeon spoke to my concerns about my body type and skin and made me feel even better about my decision to make this bold move after 5 kids!! Everything fits perfect now. I am highly satisfied with my experience at Belcara Health!”
Our practitioners who specialize in Body Lift surgery.
Dr. Michael D. Cohen is an acclaimed board certified plastic surgeon and has earned a reputation for excellence in body lift procedures. Read full bio.
Dr. Gary A. Vela, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, is renowned for his expertise, natural results and outstanding patient care with body lift procedures. Read full bio.