Common Hair Conditions
The average person has 5 million hairs. In addition to keeping you warm, hair is designed to protect your eyes, ears and nose from small particles in the air. Common problems with the hair and scalp include hair loss, infection, and flaking. At Belcara Health dermatology, board certified Dr. Ciro Martins can help treat your hair and scalp-related problems.
Many hair conditions are often neglected, and often not talked about publicly, leaving sufferers uninformed and confused about how to resolve problems when they arise. Our hair, much like our eyes or our smile, is one of the first things that people notice. Having hair that is full of life, vitality and health is essential to making a good first impression. Those who suffer from dry, brittle and lusterless often times have a hair condition that can be treated.
Hair diseases come in different forms, all of which having different symptoms and varying degrees of severity. Below are the most common hair diseases and conditions that we can treat:
- Alocepia areata
- Excessive hair growth (hirsutism)
- Hair loss (male)
- Hair loss (female)
- Lichen planus pilaris (LPP)
- Psoriasis of scalp
- Telogen effuvium
How to Treat Dandruff
Coloring and Perming Tips for Healthier Hair
How to Style hair without Damage
Tips for Healthy Hair
African-American Hair: Tips for Everyday Care
Hair Loss in New Moms
How to treat Head Lice
- Schedule your private consultation by calling 410.343.7951 or contact us online.
- Read about additional Dermatology services at Belcara Health
- Learn about the treatments in our Skin & Laser Center .
- Learn about additional services at Belcara Health: Plastic Surgery, Dermatology, Ophthalmology, Podiatry, Wellness
- Learn more about Belcara Health’s world-class Medical Team.
- We offer Specials, Events and Features every month, check them out HERE
Common problems with the hair and scalp include abnormalities of hair growth, infection, and flaking. These concerns come in many different forms, all of which having different symptoms and varying degrees of severity. At Belcara Health, we offer a comprehensive evaluation to determine the underlying cause for your condition and create a customized treatment plan to correct it.