Case of the Month: November 2017
Implant Replacement with Capsulorraphy, Case 175
- Age: 30
- Weight: 115 lbs
- Height: 5’2″
- After photos taken 3 months post-op
After a previous breast augmentation procedure performed by another surgeon, this 30-year-old woman was concerned with the sagging, matronly appearance of her breasts. This condition occurs when the breast implant capsule is too soft and doesn’t provide enough support for the implant.
Whenever an implant is used for breast enhancement, your body will naturally create lining of scar tissue around the implant with the breast pocket. This lining is called a “capsule” and forms naturally following a breast augmentation procedure. The capsule is important for it keeps the breast in the proper position and provides a smooth, strong interface between the breast implant and the soft tissues of the chest.
To correct this patient’s concern, Dr. Cohen replaced her implants and performed a capsulorrhaphy procedure to lift, tighten and reinforce the capsule so the implants stay in the correct position.
Breast Revision Experience and Expertise
Breast revision surgery is a highly specialized field and requires advanced surgical techniques to deal with the complexities. It’s very important to select a board-certified plastic surgeon with specialized training and expertise in this area – and few plastic surgeons are experienced with these challenging cases. As one of the nation’s leading breast revision surgeons, Dr. Michael Cohen has extensive experience with both primary breast augmentations and complicated revision cases.
Looking and feeling misshaped can be upsetting; Dr. Cohen can help you improve the look of your breasts so you can feel better about your appearance. If you are considering a breast revision procedure, schedule a personal consultation with Dr. Cohen today by calling 410.296.0141 or contact us online.
For more information:
- Schedule your consultation by calling 410.343.7317 or contact us online
- Learn more about Michael Cohen
- See more before and after Breast Revision photos
- Wondering about financing options?Learn about our Financing Programs
- Find out more about our AAAHC accredited on-site Surgical Center
- Want to know what’s involved with breast surgery?Read our surgery & recovery details.
- Learn about additional services at Belcara Health: Plastic Surgery,Dermatology, Ophthalmology, Wellness, Skin & Laser
- Learn more about Belcara Health’s world-class Medical Team
- We offer Specials, Events and Features every month,check them out here
“I’m so happy I found Dr. Cohen. He was amazing through the whole process and I’m thrilled with my results!”